Monday, September 14, 2015

Here, There, and EVERYWHERE!

Belfast to Londonderry, to Omagh, to Bangor

We have traveled all over northern Ireland this week. We were in Belfast, Derry/Londonderry, Omagh, and Bangor.  It has been crazy. It's been exhausting, exciting, eventful, and miracle filled. It's a week I will never forget.... I just have no idea what to write about (;



Belfast
Londonderry
Omagh
Bangor

    Elder Gates and I were on exchanges today. It was sooo fun. We started teaching 2 ladies who were feeling the Spirit so strongly while we were teaching they told us exactly what they were feeling and knew the Spirit was there. I love assisting the Holy Spirit. That is the only time I can walk away from a lesson and know that that person was sufficiently taught. I got to go over to Derry/Londonderry on Exchanges with Elder Oldham. We were walking down the street and I saw 2 people walking down a street  and I felt like I needed to talk to them so I ran across the street and jumped over the fence and called them and they stopped and we talked for a little and taught them about the Restoration. They asked us to come back another day. We took a bus from Derry/Londonderry to Omagh. It was sweet to be back. Then we rode on a bus up to Belfast. It was sweet. I got to see Rachel and Noah on the bus up to Belfast. It was so good to see them again.

Elder Penman and Noah at the bus station
From Rachel (Noah's Mom): "We were heading up to Belfast today and had planned to go say hi while he was in the city blitzing it with all the Elders from the zone.....He had been in Derry on exchanges yesterday and was heading up to Belfast with everyone from here on the 8.15am bus...We got the 10am bus and I was just looking in my bag and I looked up and he was standing in front of me, I was so shocked, Noah was at the back of the bus so I told to go sit with him.You should have heard Noah shout and scream when he saw him...I went and sat with him and we chatted non stop till Belfast which is a 1hr 30 mins bus ride.....So I guess it was a happy accident but the way all the Elders were laughing I think they had planned to get on that bus..."
       We had all of the missionaries in Norn Iron in Belfast this week all doing missionary work. we had singing. Chalk art and asked people to write things down on a white board. It was good. We didn't have as much success as we would have wanted.. but we got the zone more unified and talked to loads of people.
Norn Iron zone blitz. September 2015.  

     Yesterday Elder Stanley and I Went finding and decided to talk to every single person we saw. We seriously talked to everyone. We saw the opening of the back of a restaurant. We knocked on it and a huge Asian man answered. He didn't speak English so he got a smaller woman. we talked about the restoration of the church, she said she was interested.We were then running late for an appointment and we felt prompted that we would be ok. Suddenly a member drove down the street and gave us lift to the appointment. It was such a funny day.

Well I love you all

Elder Penman

No comments:

Post a Comment