Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Long Walks and Beautiful Views for New Year's

Elder Penman and Elder Christensen--Chappies with Cappies
Hello!
Brother Tom with hair?  
Oh I forgot! Last weekend, Elder Christensen and I walked and hitch-hiked for 10 miles over hills and through the middle of nowhere. We bused into this tiny tiny town with our handy dandy trusty road atlas and found our way from a little town Trillick into the country side somewhere. It was so pretty though, to get up on the mountains (HILLS) and see an amazing view of Northern Ireland. It was so much fun and we talked with the people who picked us up about the gospel. We didn't have too much luck with that but we were able to make it to the place we were looking for. We got stuck out in the country so we had to call our branch president for a ride.
Elder Penman with HAIR!

So for New Year’s, we woke up at 11:59 to watch the clock turn 12 then went back to bed, we were so exhausted. That day we went to Rachel Goodfield Tucker's. We watched Surfs Up (one of my favorite movies)!!! We then ate a very traditional Irish meal with lots of potatoes. I am trying to talk Rachel into getting recipes from my mom so I can eat my favorite food the next time we go over.

Santa Claus hanging around
We had a very cool experience this week. Me and Elder Christensen have been praying to get more appointments with the members so we can best help the branch be prepared for taking in new members and even helping us find new members. We were contacted by a part-member family this week and got to visit with them. We shared The Family: A Proclamation to the World. I don’t know if you have ever read through that, but the Spirit is so strong when you read through it. The words they were inspired to write are so powerful and strike your heart. I love it so much. It invites the spirit so strong and is an amazing way to have the happiest family and help us become better parents more like our Heavenly Parents are!

While I’ve been studying Gods Gifts in the topical guide I’ve come to realize how incomprehensible our Heavenly Father’s love really is. With my telestial mind I can only begin to understand the smallest of love that our Father in Heaven has for us as individuals. Jeffery R Holland said, "Above all else, never lose faith in your Heavenly Father who loves you more than you can comprehend." So all of you, if you are or ever will be offended by anyone, do not ever turn away from this overwhelming and wonderful love He has for you!

Elder Christensen at the flat
Festive New Year's hat!
We watched a ton of talks this week while we ate and there was a common theme in all of them. At the end of most general authorities’ talks they always tell the youth they love them and are pulling for them. I finally understand why... We are the future of the world and of the church. We are so important for everything that will happen fulfilling prophecies from the Book of Mormon. These plans will move forward with or without us. God’s plan will not nor ever could be foiled.

We still don't have our heating on yet. We can’t get a hold of our landlord to tell him, so we still study by an electric heater with our biggest coats on. It helps keep us awake during studies every morning!  ;)

I'm using a study journal and writing little notes for the things I study and it helps so much! It helps me receive better revelation and understand more. All of you should try it. It’s Awesome!!

Antique Coins
Antique Coins
Push on Everyone~Endure to the end.
Elder Penman








Ether 12:25-32
25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words.
 26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying:Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;
 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
 28 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.
 29 And I, Moroni, having heard these words, was comforted, and said: O Lord, thy righteous will be done, for I know that thou workest unto the children of men according to their faith;
 30 For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith.
 31 For thus didst thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith, and did speak in thy name, thou didst show thyself unto them in great power.

No comments:

Post a Comment