Monday, April 13, 2015

Another Week, Come and Gone

This week was good. We started teaching a 17 year old named K__ who is a member's friend. He is awesome. He has a Baptismal date for the 9th of may. He asked us "why being a Mormon wasn't popular? It's so good every one should join!" He has read through 2 Nephi and is so solid.

We were able to teach J__, her mind was blown when we told her Adam and Eve were real. She has to pray and know if it really happened. She told us she enjoyed church last time and said she was really considering converting. She is so awesome. I love teaching all the lessons to the basics.

christ in gethsemane 1879

Carl Bloch interprets the scriptural text with great sensitivity; the angel tenderly and compassionately embraces the Savior as He takes upon Himself the sins and infirmities of all mankind.
I got to go on exchanges with Elder Wells this week. I served around him in Paisley. We talked about all the stuff we did there but also what we have learned since then. It's cool to see how much grace has changed him. 

Well, I have had some deep thoughts of Christ's life and it has brought me to receiving some amazing revelation on his life and on the Atonement. I know the Atonement is real and was performed out of love., I don't have too much time.

Elder Penman







Answers to questions from Mom:  
Haggis
 Mom: Elder Forbush's email last week talked about that you guys ate haggis.  Had you had it before, or was that the first time?  What did you think about Haggis?  
Elder Penman (EP): Mom, I've eaten haggis more than 20 times. It's way good. 





Elder Lewis

Mom: My friend from the choir, whose son is in that mission is going home in 1 1/2 weeks.  Did you meet him?  Elder Lewis?  I think he was in your zone in Ireland.  She is WAY excited!  
EP: Yeah I love Elder Lewis he was in Belfast Zone with me.






Elder Forbush

Mom: How's Elder Forbush doing with his learning to teach, understanding the Scots, etc?  
EP: Elder Forbush is struggling with understanding some people [accents] but is getting along pretty well.
Mom: How is your ward?  
EP: I love this ward. It feels almost like my home ward which is the first time it's felt like this on my mission. It's different.  All of them have been awesome though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment