Monday, October 27, 2014

Blessings and Miracles still happen today!‏

Elder Penman at dinner at the Cunningham family's home.  Sent by Rebecca Cunningham on Facebook. =D
Well, to start off my email I am thanking all of you for the prayers and support you give to me. Also, thank you to those who don’t pray but hope I’m doing well, it helps.
My week has gone by so fast. I feel like we picked up Elder de Vries from the bus stop yesterday but it was over a month ago!! That’s weird! I’ve been out for 3 months and I feel like I got in the plan a few days ago. Time doesn’t exist.
View from Gleniffer Braes Country Park in Paisley (probably the area Elder Penman is talking about) from the internet
On P-day we went to a park on top of a hill. The kids around here call it make out point. It has this awesome swing set and play ground. The play grounds here are unreal. They in no way would meet the safety standards in America... They are so fun to play on though. Elder Wells is teaching me how to do parkour. It’s really fun... Only a couple of injuries.
Another view of Paisley from Gleniffer Braes Country Park, from the internet
The work in Paisley Zone is starting to pick up. It’s starting to make leaps and bounds. We are reaching our goals and getting a solid teaching pool! We are teaching 5 people, a family: Dougy, Irene, and Stephen; Jordan, a 17 year old teen; and Sugaba, an African from Nigeria. His story is really cool which I’ll talk about later. All of these people are very interested and are starting to find the truth and doing the things we ask. Their testimonies are growing 10 fold!!! I love seeing this change. Dougy has always rejected gospel topics but for some reason he is interested. Irene is non-denominational and is starting to listen more and share her feelings with us and bear sweet simple testimony. Stephen is trying to read the Book of Mormon in a week and wants to be baptized on November 30th. He is very interested in what we teach and is excited. It’s just hard to catch him for a lesson. Jordan is trying to find out if God is there and we are teaching about prayer and he is feeling something he has never understood before but he likes it. Sugaba is so cool. We actually got our first lesson with him last night. We had met him on the street 4 weeks ago and we realized we didn’t have the full address.  We thought we were in the right place but we didn’t have the flat number. I felt impressed to press a certain button so I pressed it. Someone answered and I said, “Is Sugaba there?” And he replied yes! I was so shocked I forgot I was talking so Elder de Vries finished it up. There were a lot of buttons to press and we happened to press the right one.  We just got to know him and how his life story has lead up for him to hear our message and learn more about Christ. He wants to meet up more and is willing to read the Book of Mormon. He knows there should be one way to follow Christ and he is an awesome guy and the things he asks are perfect. He is really humble.
One thing I have learned is good will still give us miracles, we just have to have the hope and faith to receive them. God is our perfect Father in Heaven and He wants to see us succeed. Sometimes we just don’t see the bigger picture and how things we want are not what we need.
Trust in God With all your heart might mind and strength. Have faith that good things will come and miracles will happen and you will see things that will amaze you and will blow your mind.
Love Elder Penman


Elder Penman and Elder Andrews
Added note from an email from Elder Andrews, Elder Penman’s trainer:  “I just wanted to give you a quick email to let you know how great your son is! He is the most loving missionary I have ever met. He loves people even when they are rude to us and reject the message we share! He's been such a good companion and a good friend. I know he will make you proud on his mission!”  (Thanks Elder Andrews, we knew that already.  We’re glad that others are seeing that too!  ♥♥♥)


No comments:

Post a Comment