Monday, November 3, 2014

I'm moving to Northern Ireland!

Johnstone/Paisley, Scotland area (A) to Omagh, Northern Ireland (B)
I’m moving to Northern Ireland to a beautiful place called Omagh. My new companion will be Elder Smiler. From what I’ve heard he’s from New Zealand and is a big boy, very strong.  He plays rugby for a team and works out a ton... so if I start looking bigger it’s because I’m getting ripped (; But I’m really excited! It’s going to be fun.

So this week we went bowling for Elder Andrews last P-Day. It was really fun. We had a bunch of people from the zone there. I’m gonna miss them.

This week we taught Sugaba a lot!! He is awesome we got a member from Africa to come on a joint teach and the member told him how he found peace in his life in this church. It really helped Sugaba a lot and the member taught it better and brought the spirit better than I could have! When members come out with us it helps the investigators so much. Sugaba came to the Halloween party. The members welcomed him so nicely. He loves the peace that comes from being in the chapel. He felt closer to God than ever before and felt the Spirit overwhelm him. We were able to teach Sugaba a few times this week. He has committed to be baptized on November 30th and he came to church and LOVED it. I love that man so much and he has already brightened up since the first time we taught him. I am so bummed he will be baptized when I’m gone but that’s okay... it doesn’t matter how many I baptize, it only matters how many people draw closer to Jesus and follow the path He has made and the way for them to go.

I had a few days where we knocked for the whole day. This whole week it’s rained so hard that the streets flooded over a foot. It’s so awesome. The cars splash a 10 foot wave on to the side walk.  I hope I am never under one of those waves. I have been soaked a couple times all the way through my clothes. One day when it was raining my companion Elder de Vries looked at me and said, ”Welcome to Scotland and welcome to UK missionary work!” No one wants to open their doors when it rains hard and no one wants to chat on the street either. One good thing is the inappropriately dressed ladies cover up with coats.

I love it so much out here. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I have come to know my Savior better every day. I have felt God’s love all day, every day. Nothing on this world can compare to how much I’ve learned and grown. Jesus and God will take you like clay and mold you into the best you, if you just let the at-one-ment work in your life. I have no doubt that this is true because I have felt all of these things.

Love, Elder Penman

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Isaiah 64: 8 “But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment