Monday, July 13, 2015

9th Transfer, 9 Companions, 5th Area

Elder Perkes and Elder Penman (Thanks
Sister Tracy Johnstone for the photo)
Well Perth is pretty great! It's literally less than 20 miles from Dunfermline's area! So that's awesome! Elder Perkes is AWESOME! I'm so excited to learn from him and to see him grow. We are teaching a lot here. I love it! The members are so good at member missionary work. It's going to be so good. This week, a nun gave Elder Perkes and I a kiss on the cheek. It was awkward! But it made a long day of finding quite interesting. 
Breakfast with the Perth Branch members (Thanks to Aimee Grant)
Well, I am super excited to see who the new apostles will be! 

Joseph of Egypt forgives his brothers
I am learning a lot about how service brings true charity from the worst feelings and turns hearts softer on my PMG study! The examples of Joseph of Egypt and Ammon help me realize how much more I need to serve.  I love you all! 

Elder Penman




Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad, made someone feel glad? If not I have failed indeed! (HYMNS, pg. 223)


President Thomas S. Monson: "Have I Done Any Good?" (Mormon Messages, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdmy7mbSUEo)  


Notes from others about Elder Penman: 
Elder Penman with Brother
and Sister Beaumont
From Brother Beaumont in Dumfries: "Just a short note to say how wonderful it has been to have had Elder Penman in the Dumfries Ward.  He really is a lovely lad (as we say in Yorkshire).  He is also a very spiritual young man. The last time he was in our home, just last week, he offered the most wonderful prayer before he and his companion left us.  Jackie and I both felt the Spirit strongly.  We will miss his contagious smile and his infectious enthusiasm.  Thanks for getting him ready and sending him out." 






From Sister Johnstone in Perth: "I was in his company this evening while he was teaching a family friend. [They] shared a spiritual lesson, lots of love and laughter and cheesecake. Strawberry cheesecake with strawberries washed down with strawberry and apple juice! It was a berry good evening. haha" 
"Your son has fallen in love with my mother's carpet! Haha He's so funny, he would rather sit on the floor and rub the carpet, but if he does sit on a chair, he rubs his feet on it! He hasn't taken his socks off yet, but I'm sure he'd love to haha"
"Had a visit from two cheerful dudes tonight. Great lesson, great company, thanks guys. Celeste Karen-- love these dudes"


Elder Perkes (Elder Penman's current companion in Perth): "Elder Penman is an extremely extraordinary missionary. He is always looking for ways to improve and he's so humble and full of the spirit. He's a super funny missionary as well. Basically I am really going to like serving with him for this next transfer."

No comments:

Post a Comment