Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Wow! 9th Moves Call! (and why missionaries are like pirates...)

Captain...Captain Jack Sparrow
So I'm moving again! As soon as I'm getting settled here, I'm packing up to go again..

A wise missionary once said, "A missionary is like a pirate." We live with strangers, sleep in others' property, we spend someone else's money, we get transported in someone else's vessels, we talk to every one, we are hated by everyone, we trade supplies, and we are constantly moving. We are righteous pirates though  (;

   

Well on the 22 of July, I will have to get a surgery. That will be exciting! ):

But in my moves, call I am going to be finishing up training a new missionary in Perth just a couple of miles north of Dunfermline! So I may get to see people at Dundee stake conference if I'm lucky! Which would be absolutely amazing... and Allan...or President Brown {who lives in Dundee Stake following getting released as mission president}!

We got to teach the full restoration with J____ and E___. It went really well. The Spirit was so strong! I think they understand our purpose. Today, we are going to help J____ build a huge race track in his house for the electric racing cars (like the kind every child wants for Christmas).

In the Isaiah Chapters in 2 Nephi, I found a very nice verse in chapter 19:
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


I have realised as I have pondered "unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given." That Our Father did not make Jesus come to the earth. He had the same choice we did. Our Father did not make Christ bleed from every pore and die on the cross... Our Savior has agency just like you and I do. He came and did these things because He ultimately loved God but in all reality He did it because He has so much love for you and me. He has so much love that the very particles of the earth obey Him. Christ used His agency to show His love for you. Will you use your agency to show Him the only gift we have that cannot be taken? I will! (: And I Do (: It's very hard but I love Him! I have never felt so much joy than being part of God's Work!!! When we do this, like Elder Holland said, "We are standing shoulder to shoulder with the best lives [people] this world has ever had."

I love all of you!

Elder Penman

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me.

Hurrah For Israel!

Clover
Eating Clover


Elder Penman and Elder de Vries

Elder Erickson and Elder Penman

L to R: Elders Erickson, Hornberger, Henrie (going home), Penman

Elders Penman and Zander


Maclumphas

Bishop Goodare's head
Glasgow

On the road to Glasgow

Glasgow


Glasgow

Glasgow (the Duke of Wellington's statue in front of
the Gallery of Modern Art. The statue usually
has a traffic cone atop his head.  Police have removed it,
but it keeps showing up.)
Elder Zander.  Looks like someone "found"
Elder Penman's camera
The Turner Family (partially)

BHS??  In Scotland?



fun with pens


This area must have reminded Elder Penman of the Sacred Grove
Re-enactment of Joseph Smith's
first vision from the movie

Re-enactment of Joseph Smith's 
first vision from the movie

Beaumonts





Ammon leading the way on the Elders' dash
Emma, Jaimie, Elder Zander, Elder Penman

"They gave us this telescope."





No comments:

Post a Comment