Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dundee is the place to be!!

I have been in Dundee 4 days this week. For leadership meetings, district meetings, and exchanges. I may as well live there! Nah-- Perth is too good.  ;)

I was on exchanges with a new Texan elder, Elder Magby.We street contacted for 7-8 hours! It was awesome. We found a bunch of prepared people.

The next morning we went with this older member to a storage shed to help him move some stuff. We opened up he shed and there was a huge stack of boxes filling a 15x15 ft room. There were around 50,000 books! It was crazy!! He is donating the books to charity! 

We got a return appointment with a man on the first day and taught him the Holy Ghost principle. He shared a time he felt the Spirit and I told him to look and seek for that as we share with you Joseph Smith's account of the First Vision. After we quoted Joseph Smith and said "Hear Him" we sat in silence. We could see through anointed eyes that the Spirit was upon this man. I asked him what he felt. He said  he was feeling a strong uplifting feeling. I testified that I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and the Spirit was so strong and he told us that he felt it was true! The Holy Ghost principle works... and that man is on his way to conversion and knows the truth of the restoration.
1,400 piece stained glass mural of
The First Vision by Tom Holdman
in the Palmyra New York LDS Temple
We had A______ and N____ (A______'s boyfriend) at church. N____ got up and bore his testimony on how much he wants the gospel to change him! We started teaching N____ this week. We are super excited!(: 

We had a great district meeting, we learned a lot about charity, how to be more efficient with time, and to find the deeper reason why we are on our missions. About 6 months ago I had a very sacred experience that I feel impressed to share. It has changed my view on missionary work and my attitude towards it forever.

I was sitting on a bus in the middle of Cowdenbeath and I was looking at the people around me and I started thinking.. .I could talk to every one of these people. Then I heard a voice ask me, "Do you LOVE me?" I was a little confused at what was going on and why I was being asked this. Then even stronger I heard it again, "Do You LOVE ME?" This time I Recognized the voice. I knew I was being asked by our Father in Heaven if I loved Him. I thought  to myself and pondered it and gave Him an answer that YES, I did love Him. He said these words. "Then why aren't you sharing the gospel with everyone?" I have never had my soul pierced so deep in my life. It shook me to the very core of my being and I knew then why I'm on my mission, why I work, why I go out in the pouring rain, why I put up with rude people on the street, why I speak to everyone every where... In cars, on bikes, running, on the other side of the street, or in any situation. It is because I love God more deeply than I can even begin to express. There is no scary moment that can take this love away from me. I have found a driving force that will drive me and my testimony to my grave and into Eternal Life. Nothing can stand in the way! I Invite All Of you to Find your Love for Our Father, I can promise you that you will come to know him as I have and you will have an anchor so deep in the gospel that nothing will shake you! NOTHING! But it is up to you to find that love and act in faith. When you do find it you will be swallowed up in the joy of Christ and like the sons of Mosiah (Alma 31:32-38). 
O Lord, wilt thou comfort my soul, and give unto me success, and also my fellow laborers who are with me—yea, Ammon, and Aaron, and Omner, and also Amulek and Zeezrom, and also my two sons—yea, even all these wilt thou comfort, O Lord. Yea, wilt thou comfort their souls in Christ. Wilt thou grant unto them that they may have strength, that they may bear their afflictions which shall come upon them because of the iniquities of this people. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.  Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee. Now it came to pass that when Alma had said these words, that he clapped his hands upon all them who were with him. And behold, as he clapped his hands upon them, they were filled with the Holy Spirit. And after that they did separate themselves one from another, taking no thought for themselves what they should eat, or what they should drink, or what they should put on. And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith.
Which is the best feeling in the whole world... nothing compares!!  It is very similar to when Peter and the apostles became the sound missionaries they were when Jesus asked Peter a very similar question!

I love all of you and I KNOW God Lives!!

Elder Penman
               
Hurrah For Israel!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment