Monday, October 19, 2015

Praying in Faith

 Oh...! What a week. We had so many good things happen this week. I have had prayers answered in a very Literal way, and very directly.

Elder Penman and Brother and Sister Lorimer
   Well we had to say good by to the senior couple, Elder and Sister Lorimer. They are some of the most amazing people this world has to offer. Elder Scott Lorimer was best friends with Gordon B Hinckley and James E Faust. He told us the most fantastical stories about just chilling with those two men. He brought a whole new life to the people that they really were. If you thought President Hinckley was funny from the pulpit, you haven't even begun to touch the surface. The Lorimers were the people who were leading the second rescue of the Willey and Martin hand cart companies. So when you go on trek, he is the man that helped put all of that together and buy all of that land and follow the Spirit and journals of where they traveled.  They had the chance to chill in the prairies of Wyoming with so many general authorities and alone with the First Presidency! They are Power Houses!! We sadly had to say good bye to them today!








    Last week we got to climb Cave hill. It was a blast. It made me miss trail running so much!! It was like hiking through a forest at some points, to a view of all of Belfast!! We could see Scotland from up there--it was sweet!  We jumped around on this tree that had fallen over. We were bouncing each other off the end. It was like riding a mechanical bull!

Beckstrand, Penman, Parkinson, Stanley











   Our friend J____ is still looking good for the 31st of October. 8 days off smoking and he said no to someone who offered him Tobacco. That's the first time ever. The minister has a baptismal date. He still is struggling with a testimony of Joseph Smith. We Skyped the Romanian missionaries and they taught the Romanian family in Romanian. It was so weird because the whole time they only spoke Romanian. Elder Beckstrand and I sat there and prayed the whole time for those top missionaries!


   So this week I had two stories I want to share with you, out of all the good stuff that happened this week. So the Lorimers told us that we should find a man that was a YSA. He lives in the Cave Hill Ward. So I told Cave Hill about him and prayed that we would be able to find him. Literally, the next afternoon Elder Beckstrand and I are park contacting and we were going to walk by these two younger people flirting, but I had a feeling that I needed to talk them. I spoke to him and he said I'm a member of your church. He told us his name. It was him! The one that had disappeared.  We got him to come to the Lorimers' farewell fireside and he had a spiritual witness that the church can help him!! Next one, I was looking for a Romanian family that the last Elders told me about and because we can Skype Romanian missionaries we can teach them now. But the only info we had on them was a street, Landseer Street. I was telling God that we could go and chap on that street but that would be a waste of time because they are all Romanian and we don't speak it and we don't have enough pamphlets to give them. So I told God we need another way. I prayed that we would get led to them. We were GQing last night and we walked past these men in a car wash. I felt so strongly to talk to them. The man we talked to spoke little English so we were giving them a card and 2 others came over and one of them got excited and pointed at the "Mormon" word on the card. He said in broken English "2 came by." We asked where he lived. You'll never guess.... Landseer street. We got their address and now we will see them again and set up Skype.

I know God hears all of our prayers. He may not answer as directly but, like in Enos 1:12 I know that this is true and if you pray in faith it will be given unto you! In the name of Jesus Christ, I testify of this!
Elder Penman
"I Did Raise My Voice That It Did Reach the Heavens" by Walter Rane 
Enos: 1:10-12
And while I was thus struggling in the spirit, behold,the voice of the Lord came into my mind again, saying: I will visit thy brethren according to their diligence in keeping my commandments. I have given unto them this land, and it is a holy land; and I curse it not save it be for the cause of iniquity; wherefore, I will visit thy brethren according as I have said; and their transgressions will I bring down with sorrow upon their own heads.
And after I, Enos, had heard these words, my faith began to be unshaken in the Lord; and I prayed unto him with many long strugglings for my brethren, the Lamanites.
And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.




















No comments:

Post a Comment