Monday, October 12, 2015

The Power of Prayer

We had a good week. With a lot of good stuff. 

    So we went on exchanges with the AP's this week. And Monday afternoon we got told we needed to
Sister and President Donaldson
prepare a training on obedience for the next day. So we took 30 minutes out of our day to make a 30-45 minute training. It ended up being a success. We all got to have our interviews with President Donaldson. I love that man sooooo much. He has the biggest and most amazing presence around him. He taught me a very good thing and told me so many things I can do to prepare me for my life. He is so inspired.
    We are teaching 3 new people. A woman that has a 6 month old child, who is absolutely amazing, a man from, you will never guess, Independence Missouri!!! Cool huh? The last man was taught while I was on exchanges in Coleraine. At church this week we had the born-again minister come. He is awesome! He asks some crazy questions and he believes everything he reads on-line but still, he came to church and enjoyed it.  We have been having so much fun street contacting at the Queens University. We are starting to chalk out the Plan of Salvation right in the middle of the walk way. It was funny because later a religious group came up and was handing out leaflets and people were asking what's that drawing behind and they would get side tracked by the drawing we did. I kind of felt bad.
 
I have been praying for the Spirit to guide my thoughts as I pray and think about what I am going to say. I had an amazing experience happen while we on exchanges. I was saying a prayer to close the exchange and following President Donaldson's example I was going to ask for some help for this missionary.  I opened the prayer and pleaded for the Spirit and thought what I should say. Then I knew I should plead for a blessing upon him and his family. In the prayer, I felt strongly encouraged to pray for someone in his family that has lost their way. So I did as I was told and after the long prayer I looked up and was shocked to see this missionary in tears....It was so surprising. He told me one of his family members was struggling very badly, and the words that the Spirit directed me to say were exactly what he needed at that time.

Praying by the true order of prayer has changed my life. I am able to have a real and actual conversation that means something and uplifts me. It gives me the strength I need when I am down. Through the true order of prayer I have been able to receive a very certain knowledge that I can not deny, that the Savior
Gethsemane by Adam Abram
suffered with blood and sweat, laying face down in the garden of Gethsemane. He did it alone. He suffered so much that when you see it, the only thing you want to do is help but you don't understand how. Revelation is amazing. I can't even put into words what I'm trying to say. But I know that Jesus The Christ suffered in the Garden Of Gethsemane and He bled from every pore. I bear my witness that the atonement is real. There is no doubt in my mind that it happened, I say this in name of Jesus Christ.  
    I love you all so much and miss you! The Scotland/Ireland Mission is the most amazing place to be. I love being a missionary!!

Elder Penman

Jacob 4:6  
Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.
Zone Leader's Training Board
Zone Leader's Training Board
Elder Beckstrand at the market
Elder Neideck with unknown lady
Elder Harman
"Mystery" Meat
Elder Beckstrand (E. Penman's companion) 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am the unknown lady in the picture with Elder Neideck ha ha!! My name is Sister Alison Tracey and I am a member in Holywood Road Ward where Elder Penman is currently serving. That photo was taken one evening when I took the missionaries out for Chinese food. Your son is an awesome missionary, they all are but Elder Penman brings such a wonderful spirit with him and his testimony is amazing for one so young. You must be very proud of your son. Bye for now, Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete