Monday, February 1, 2016

On the Road Again

   We had moves call. I'm leaving this blessed city! I'm heading down to Dublin City. It's only about an hour or two bus journey away. My new companion will be ________.(will fill in later)   I am way sad to leave the best city in the Scotland Ireland Mission, I will miss serving with Elder Mulville. It's been great. 

   We are still teaching a lot. We are teaching multiple men, named F____ and D______. Both have dates for February. We are still Teaching S_______. We taught him the story of Esther and how she fasted for before going into plead the king to spare the lives of the Jews. We are going to do a fast with him.. well they are going to do a fast with him and then ask his Government if he can be baptized. He really wants to. There are just a few hang ups that can be over come.

"The Fab Four" as the members in Holywood Road Ward call
them.  Elders Parkinson, Penman, Mulville, Wilson
 It was a great Sunday service. They assumed that Elder Parkinson and I would be leaving so all four missionaries spoke. Literally, I say this all the time... I have never been so loved by one ward! I love them all so much. They are incredible. It's so heart breaking to leave, ha ha. The work has been picking up so much that they are putting two more elders in. So they will have six missionaries. I have never given the Lord so much thanks for one opportunity as this one to serve here. The best part was some of the members even teared up after the sacrament meeting. I know it sounds like I am bragging, but it as through the enabling power of the Atonement of the anointed one, Jesus the Christ. If grace would have never come into my life. I would have not been able to stay on my mission, the plethora of trials would have been too much.

  I was studying the day of Judgment in Alma 5. I realized how the judgment would work. I had heard that the Lord Jesus Christ would be our judge and I wondered how he would do it.  
3Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you. 34 Yea, he saith: Come unto me and ye shall partake of the fruit of the tree of life; yea, ye shall eat and drink of the  bread and the waters of life freely; 35 Yea, come unto me and bring forth works of righteousness, and ye shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire 36 For behold, the time is at hand that whosoever bringeth forth not good fruit, or whosoever doeth not the works of righteousness, the same have cause to wail and mourn.  37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are puffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone astray, as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice!  38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
  This is how I imagine it. We will all stand there and we will all be offered eternal life. Many will say no, they will not listen, or they may not be able to stand in the Glory of The Most High. It will be unbearable, or as explained here... "to wail and mourn." 

I truly know that the Holy Spirit Lives among us. The Father is close. Closer than you may think. I know that the Savior has power that is infinite to heal all things... not just some, but all. 

Elder Penman 
=================
P-Day Fun







Saint Patrick's Church Belfast

Saint Patrick's Church Belfast
Another Blitz.  

The outpouring of love from members of the Holywood Road Ward at the news of Elder Penman moving on has been so touching.  They have consented to me sharing them here.  
=================
From Sister Florence Roberts:
Sister Florence Roberts and Elder Penman
"Elder Penman and me. He's always got his mouth open, says its resting!"
"'Taken today at my house. Had 4 super duper missionaries, Abdullah and Dermot. Elder Penman likes to keep his mouth open, in case a fly might pass by. Elder Parkinson (Ginger) has been with us for 6 months and may be leaving, but we hope not. Elders Mulville and Wilson are checking each other out...it's almost like looking in the mirror! These 4 Musketeers have made a lot of difference to Holywood Road ward. They all got to speak today as those assigned were sick. Maybe that's the way it was meant to be...such a special meeting. Such dedication and love from these guys. Parents - thank you for sharing them with us'"
Dermot, E Penman, E Wilson, Abdullah
Elder Mulville and Elder Wilson who she says look like twins
 ==============================
From Sister Debbie White: 

Hi Karen, Your lovely son came by tonight to say goodbye to our family, we will miss him very much he is a wonderful young man we hope all goes well for him in Dublin please know that our lives have been blessed because of him and his example xx Everyone in the ward has been so grateful that he has served here we have be so blessed with the four elders we have had we call them the "Fab Four" lol and yes he has made a difference in many of our lives he's just brilliant xx
=========================================
E Penman & Jade
From Sister Jade Fox: 


Karen this is a photo of me and Elder Penman from tonight! I've just spent 5 weeks in the US and got home today! I'm so glad I was able to see him before he moves! He might have only taught me recent convert lessons for a short time and I don't know if he told you but he challenged me in November to complete the Book of Mormon again before the 28th of December which is the date I was a member for a year and he agreed to do it with me. He might not know it but it was what I needed most in my life at that time. Not going to lie, there may have been a tear shed saying goodbye! Your son has been such a blessing in my life and the lives of many in Holywood Road, he is such a credit to you and will be greatly missed! I hope to keep up to date with him through his blog over the next 5 months and on my next trip to America in August I hope I'll get to see him and also to meet you! Here's a photo we took before he left!

===================================
From Brother Alan Marshall:
I was in Holywood Road Ward with Elder Penman. I just wanted to say that I will miss him. He is a fantastic missionary. I am glad I got to know him. I bought him lunch last Thursday. I thought i would let you know that.  









==================================
From Sister Margaret Watson:
 "He is moving to Clonsilla Ward in Dublin still as Zone Leader. you should be so proud of him Karen. I know I am and he isn't even mine. He and his fellow missionaries have made such a difference to our ward in terms of baptizing investigators that we are getting 2 extra Elders to help us with our Chinese speaking people. He is just so wonderful and I will miss him dreadfully. So Monday and Tuesday he has to sort out all the moves in the zone as well as find a flat for the new missionaries. He just never stops. xxxxx"
=============================
From Sister Miriam Shearer: 
I thought I'd drop a quick message to you. Im from Holywood Rd ward. I've been thinking about our missionaries all day and thought I'd let you know that your son is wonderful, he always has such a good spirit about him, you can tell how passionate he is about the work. Im not the first to tell you this I know we'll miss him and elder parkinson. The missionary effort has improved tenfold because of their hard work along with their companions so its no surprise that they are needed elsewhere. I have two small sons and can't help but see them when I look at our missionaries. The spirit emanates from your boy and you should be so proud!


1 comment:

  1. Elder penman how are you doing I miss you not being in Holywood road ward you made me laugh be happy my friend thankyou your amazing and awesome

    ReplyDelete