Monday, May 23, 2016

Beautiful Oban and the Bonnie Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond

Elders Perkins and Penman on the hill above Oban
Two SIM Squad members, Elders Penman and Perkins
spent last week and this next week in Oban Scotland
on the Western coast of Scotland. On their way, they
stopped by famous Loch Lomond and The Trossacks Nat'l Park
Well Oban is pretty. I don't have too much time to write. All I can say is that the Branch here (on Sunday) had 5 members, 3 visitors, my comp and I, and the senior couple, who are legends. It was one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings ever. 



Saying goodbye to Elders Gates and Harman from the SIM Squad
(in the center of Elders Perkins and Penman on the edges)
  Elder Perkins and I have been working hard to get a teaching pool going, so that way, in 1 week when we leave, either new missionaries or the senior couple will have people to teach. I will fill in more info next week. But quickly I have an update. I have gotten my new assignment for the last 5 weeks of my mission. I will be going with another missionary named Elder Haller and we will be traveling around the mission going to each area. Very similar to what I was last doing but we will get to choose... essentially where we go and what missionaries we work with. 
I love you all! 
Elder Penman 

Loch Lomond

Standing "on the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond"

Loch Lomond?

more pictures from the drive to Oban

picture from the drive to Oban
---------------------------------------

Mom received a lovely email from Elder and Sister Young, who are the senior couple missionaries assigned to Oban Branch.

"Dear Sister Penman,
We are the Senior Missionary Couple assigned to Oban in the Scotland/Ireland Mission. This past Tuesday your son, Elder Penman, was assigned to spend the next two weeks with us here in Oban. I know you've had some concerns about his health. In a conversation with him a few minutes ago he confirmed that he was mending well and was feeling very, very good. 
With the arrival of this fine, young missionary and his companion (Elder Perkins), the influence of the missionary spirit returned to Oban. Though they won't be with us long, we know important things will happen while they are here. We are so grateful for their untiring efforts. What remarkable Missionaries they both are.  
With warm regards,

Elder and Sister Young" 
Loch Lomond song
Picturesque Oban (from Internet).  It looks kind of like a picture
that would be used in a jigsaw puzzle.  :D 

A picture from the internet of beautiful Oban

No comments:

Post a Comment