Thursday, August 21, 2014

Act Well Thy Part

Today we received some new pictures from President and Sister Brown, from the Scotland/Ireland mission. They were taken on Elder Penman's first day in Scotland, August 13, 2014.  We also received specific instructions for sending packages to Elder Penman, if you are thinking about doing that, please contact his parents first and we'll let you know the best way to get things to him.  Thanks!
Elder Penman with a wall hanging of the stone mentioned in the story below.
Stirling, Scotland, 1898, David O. McKay: “I was homesick and a little discouraged on this day.  As we were coming back into town, I saw an unfinished dwelling, over the front door of which was a stone on which there was a carving. That was most unusual, so I said to Elder Johnston, ‘I’m going to see what that is.’ I was half way up the graveled walk when there came to my eyesight a striking motto as follows, carved in stone:  “ ‘Whate’er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.’  I said to myself, or the Spirit within me,  you are here as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That afternoon, I accepted the message given to me on that stone, and from that moment we tried to do our part as missionaries in  Scotland”


President Brown, Elder Andrew Penman, Sister Brown

Another view of Arthur's Seat (Pratt's Hill) over Edinburgh, sent by the mission office





No comments:

Post a Comment