Monday, August 11, 2014

The Kindness of Strangers

This is a message from Elder Penman's mom.  Every so often since he landed in England, I get an email from a stranger in England sending me another picture of Elder Penman on the day they landed in Manchester.  She (I'm assuming it's a she--the name is britswife) has sent several pictures of him from the airport and the plane.  This is a new one I received yesterday.  I am happy to see the warm smile he has. He was scared and a little sad when he left.
Before he left, we talked a lot about a mission being hard but to forget how hard it is, and get to work, to use his talents and his great personality to do good in the world.  Happy to see that smile!  Made my day.  2 days until we find out where he's going.

I found this great quote by Thomas Paine:  The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.

Smile!  I hope your day is happy!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment