Monday, September 15, 2014

Of Castles and Queens

Elder Urbieta (must have been on travels), Elder Penman, Elder Andrews (one of his trainers)
So Paisley is crazy. The vote for independence is on Thursday and the streets are full of drunk people and people passing out cards that say "I" or "Naw".  It’s really cool to be here when they are voting but it’s also annoying because all they want to talk about is independence, and if I’m voting, and they don’t understand I’m from America and it is impossible for me to vote.

I got to see a castle in Crookston called Crookston Castle where Mary Queen of Scots was beheaded**, aka Bloody Mary. That was really cool. We ate a burger patty and chips in it. Castles are cool.

Crookston Castle
View from the top of Crookston Castle
Eating burger patty and chips in the castle.
We have a born again guy who can’t use his hands who is interested in learning the gospel.  He wants to know if Thomas S Monson is a prophet or not. He said he would watch General Conference with us in 2 weeks. I’m so excited. He is really nice and wants to learn about the plan of salvation too. I can’t wait to teach him again.

Well, I went golfing last Monday.  It was so fun.  We got clubs from a charity shop, some super old Scottish clubs. It was so fun though. We are going somewhere with a member today, I don’t know where. It’s a surprise I guess.


Elder Davis, Elder Penman, Elder Lesuma










Well,  that’s my week. I hope your week was good.

Love, Elder Penman

(**note from Mom—Mary Queen of Scots was betrothed to Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley, her first cousin, at Crookston Castle (she wasn't happy with him). Darnley was later murdered and the castle had a mysterious explosion the same day. According to the History Channel website, after 19 years of imprisonment, Mary Queen of Scots was beheaded at Fotheringhay Castle in England for her complicity in a plot to murder Queen Elizabeth I.)

No comments:

Post a Comment