Monday, September 22, 2014

Saving Lives (Literally)

Well, finally the vote is over. I can finally teach people without the vote… I thought.  But now a ton of people are so drunk they can’t even cross the street.  It’s so funny, but sad. They are so sad they aren’t going independent. I didn’t have a say on the vote which I’m glad because I don’t know what I would have voted.

My mom and dad are gonna hate me for this, but I’m going to write it anyway. So if you don’t want to feel worried don’t read this, but it’s really a cool story. Last week, we were walking down the street and we saw this guy we talked to a couple of days ago. We waved at him but it seemed like he was out of it like he was drunk or something. He took off his shirt and was covered in blood. I thought to myself, “this guy has killed someone...”, but as he walked by, I saw a stab wound in his neck and a few in his back. He was covered in blood on his back. We followed him to make sure he didn’t die. We called the police and found him laying down in his flat bleeding. So we helped him because the Spirit told me to. I normally would have been terrified but I knew this man needed our help. So we put pressure on his stabs till the police came and helped him. We saved a guy’s life... it was crazy. He had lost a lot of blood and probably would have died. That’s what happens when you are involved with drugs over here. But I’m safe... don’t worry.

We have a bunch of new investigators. God is so good. We have an older couple who are visiting with us and they are also feeding us. They are so nice and are doing the things that we invite them to do. We met them by getting a fake address, which was their house, and they felt bad so they invited us back. God works in crazy, crazy ways. We also met a guy named Jordan and have taught him. We also are teaching a lady named Lorie. She’s nice. We are also still teaching a man named Allan. I think I told you about last week.

Remember to serve others around you and when you serve others you will overcome your own sins. Mosiah 4:26-27  “And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto you—that is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before God—I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants.  And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.”

I love all of you and pray for all of you all the time. I hope you feel it through the day.

Love,

Elder Penman

No comments:

Post a Comment