Friday, March 13, 2015

A brand new companion, a brand new missionary

On Wednesday, March 11, Elder Andrew Penman traveled to Edinburgh to pick up his brand new missionary trainee, Elder Brock Forbush (also from Utah).  Elder Forbush's mom was so excited to find out about Elder Penman's love of activity and adventure.
Elder Penman and Elder Forbush (trainee) standing by the
David O. Mackay stone at the Mission Office from the story below
Stirling, Scotland, 1898, David O. McKay: “I was homesick and a little discouraged on this day.  As we were coming back into town, I saw an unfinished dwelling, over the front door of which was a stone on which there was a carving. That was most unusual, so I said to Elder Johnston, ‘I’m going to see what that is.’ I was half way up the graveled walk when there came to my eyesight a striking motto as follows, carved in stone:  “ ‘Whate’er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.’  I said to myself, or the Spirit within me,  you are here as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That afternoon, I accepted the message given to me on that stone, and from that moment we tried to do our part as missionaries in  Scotland”  

Also, Elder Forbush's mom posted this on her instagram (evidently Elder Forbush also LOVES to parkour and flip and mess around).

No comments:

Post a Comment